View Single Post
Old 11-05-17, 04:56 PM   #5447
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark bonamer View Post
the conditions you describe are quite common: TC, activity, pausing, shelling out, ships in the vicinity. whew...i am surprized that i have not seen this phenom previously. but hey, maybe this was an odd thing and since it is late in the war, maybe it wont be back in the next two months and i'll be done.

which reminds me, i need to find another mod to play.
Unfortunately, the nature of the game is that it was written in 2005-07 to be the only thing operating on the computer at the time you're playing it. It is very jealous (helped immensely by Windows) of all of the computer's hardware interface, including the video sub-system and sound sub-system. When you shell-out, it's like interrupting the video and sound systems, and they seem to get "lost" as to what they were doing prior to going out to Windows. By the same token, lots of TC and a lot of traffic, especially if you're shooting torpedoes at something, seem to "stress" the system and it similarly "gets lost" as to what it is supposed to do. My supposition that Saving the game, then exiting and coming back in clears the game's memory, and allows a decent playtime again. I have had things "missing" though when I come back in after a Save in some of those busy situations... but I've seen that in all of the mods.

As to trying another mod, I can vouch for Bleiente's version of TMO / RSRDC in Ralles RealModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC

However, if you want a slightly different mod, I cannot praise THEBERBSTER's mix of Webster's Game Fixes Only,
Beginners Mod List For SH4 Including Download Link highly enough. Excellent, even if it is mostly stock.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote