View Single Post
Old 05-19-08, 09:38 AM   #8
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

In reply to several of the comments:

I almost put a note in about how you shouldn't sink any Japanese ships until after the PH attack, but I didn't.

Truth is, in all the time I've been using pre PH starts, I don't remember ever coming across Japs until well after December 7th. Even using a Manila based boat, it's been a couple of days until they show up. Since the oppotunity has never presented itself, I don't know what would happen if you sank a Jap ship before the 7th.

As for patrol orders, my very first mission when testing this mod was an agent insertion in Japan. I looked at it this way: the military and the government pretty much knew war with Japan was inevitable. It was just a question of where and when it would start. So if you can, get your spies in place beforehand. You know, like the Japanese did do in Hawaii.

Any other patrols can be viewed as normal naval routine. I've never gotten a supply mission, so those must only be triggered after a certain date.

The reason I chose November 30th is because it puts you in your office on the 1st, with first patrol starting no earlier than the 2nd of December. Chances are, even in a Manila based boat, you'll be enroute to your assigned target on the 7th. After that, you play normally. I have tried sending status reports several times after the attack, and on the 8th, but have always been told to procede with my assigned mission.

Last edited by fred8615; 05-20-08 at 02:48 PM.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote