Old 01-04-17, 02:52 PM   #39
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
Both good
I think that if the lighthouse models are already oriented with their North face pointing to what would be the prow of a ship, rotating them in ME/TE wouldn't be required, and their icon on map wouldn't look rotated either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
+ visible anywhere on the map, possible to add colors to the icon
+ always placed at the same altitude, whatever the depth of the sea

- problem of placement in the ground if placed on a land with altitude
- not possible to custom the LH with an .eqp file

Land

+ no problem if placed on a land with altitude
+ possible to custom the LH with an .eqp file

- altitude depending on the depth of the sea
- visible on the map only when in visual range, always green icon (for neutral units)

Edit : All this can be solved by this trick : if we want to put a LH on the ground, let's create a land unit with no icon, and also add it (at same placement) in the Locations folder with a blanck file but with my icon of LH !
For each lighthouse model I could create rock reefs of different heights that the lighthouse would rise from. Some terrain adjustements in TE might be required.

...or as I told you a few days ago:

get a basic geometry which will provide a stable floating platform, make it invisible, set it as a sea unit, give it a huge mass, a very low center of mass and exceptionally high drag coefficients for extra stability. Attach to it (in the same file) the actual lighthouse model and add to it configurable nodes for whatever equipment might be required, including the rock "base".
Result: the lighthouse will always be at the same height a.s.l.

Store the rock "equipment" in a library file, make it high enough that it will always touch the seabottom, no matter how deep is the sea under the lighthouse, and give it a sim file with a static object controller, similar to a normal terrain object.
Result: the rock reef wont be considered by the game as part of the lighthouse itself, and collision with the seabottom wont be detected, but any other unit will be able colliding with it, just as with any other terrain object (fully tested in SH5, it should work in SHIII too).

If need be, the lighthouse itself can be made collisionable/destroyable, and I am confident, though not absolutely sure, that with the correct settings some of them can be given a nationality and a visual sensor, so that they will report any enemy unit in the vicinity
gap is offline   Reply With Quote