View Single Post
Old 04-05-10, 11:25 AM   #29
stoneys-nutz
A-ganger

Downloads: 456
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonTorpitz View Post
Recently I've heard a tremendous amount of flak both on and off this forum directed against SH5.
Its true, the game was released practically half finished and bug ridden to the extreme. But seriously! There's got to be a bright side to this dismal situation. We actually have a brand new u-boat simulator, exclusively set in The Battle of the Atlantic. The graphics in this game are absolutely amazing both inside and outside the boat, we can now move about the boat (this adds huge freakin possibilities if you use your imagination) and from what I've heard Ubisoft has created the game to very open-ended and moddable. And remember, their previous releases in this genre were also basically unfinished when released but the efforts (superhuman, I might add) of modding community were able to turn them into winners. I personally think the opportunities abound in this game and positivity goes along way folks. So, meine kameraden, keep faith in SH5 and keep faith in the unbelievable skills of the modding community surrounding this game. Because in a years' time this will probably be the best subsim you've ever played.

Danke und Sieg!

vonTorpitz
I would have to agree with you, give it a chance to mature.
Seems like the people shouting the loudest are the ones who haven't even bought the game.

In the few weeks it s been out the modders have done wonders, so lets wait a while longer before we organise a wake for this game, i say game because its not a Sim just yet, but its getting closer all the time.

As for the DRM, i don't like it but i wont let that spoil any enjoyment i get from this game, i have had problems with DRM same as most players and have moaned about that but welcome to the future of gaming, if i spent Millions developing a game i would want to protect it too.

Bottom line is we have got what we have got, so if you don't like it thats fine, but by the time the modders have finished it will be a great Sim, with or without DRM, and with or without all the moaners.
Anyhoo, thats my two bobs worth.