CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 0

Hello again Berbster;

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi CB
If we forget about SH3Commander so do not change anything in it a this point. - I haven't.

The default boats before the war will be VIIA and VIIB. - Doesn't happen that way in my installation, I am only offered the Type VIIB.

The Eprobungstelle flotilla we know is only ever used for testing boats.
So the process would be Stralsund August 2nd test the boat and dock.
- That's what I did; took U-48 to AO84, sank the two target ships and returned to Stralsund as ordered. Encountered a Soviet CL and DD, and the "Graf Spee" with two Type 34 DDs in the patrol area...the "Graf Spee" and DDs accompanied me halfway back to Stralsund!

Immediately give out medals, promtions and qualification.
- Did exactly that also; 1 promotion, 1 qualification, no medals (U-Boat War Badge was offered, 11 of them, but "historically" it's not authorized yet).

Select telephone and ask to transfer to the 2nd flotilla at Wilhelmshaven.
- Did that too, transfer accepted.

You cannot transfer to any other flotilla at this point.
Exit the game.
- Did that as well; late at night, tired, had "two fingers" of Glenfiddich, checked the weather forecast and off to dreamland...pick it up again in the morning.

Load the game (Before mission save) and you are in the office.
- Yes, had errands to run, came back to the game in the afternoon. Started LSH3 2015 SH3 Commander, went to the office; the date is August 9th.

The filling cabinet allows you to change your crew from your renown.
- Opened the filing cabinet, 1 promotion and 1 qualification I handed out on return to Stralsund were there; made no changes.

From clicking on the desk on the right you should be taken to the upgrades screen.
- Opened the upgrades screen.

Clicking on Uboats / All should show you if a VIIB is available.
- Yes, the VIIB is the only boat available, but I already have a VIIB (U-48) and did no other upgrades/changes. Closed the upgrade screen and started my patrol...left Kiel for AM18 (Rockall Bank).

If a VIIB is available then you would be back in Stralsund to test that boat.
Repeat the docking procedure and transfer again.

But I think there is a cheat way (although not tested) if you are still in a VIIA.
- Never did get a VIIA, started in VIIB U-48; I was hoping to start in a Type IIA.

Start your patrol in Wilhelmshaven and then dock immediately.
You will notice that all your crew gain 1 promotion point, no medals, but 1 qualification.
Request a transfer to the Eprobungstelle flotilla.
Clicking on Uboats / All you should now see a VIIB.
This is based on IIRC ok.

Peter
That's where I am at this point in the first career I started...on my way to AM18 in U-48. But, I started a second career to see if I could get a Type II to begin with. Couldn't do it in August '39, as explained in my earlier post.

By starting in September '39, I got the Type II U-21, in Stralsund on Sept. 1st, with orders to patrol AO84. Did that, found one Polish Bulk Coal Freighter and sank it; finished the 24hours in AO84 and returned to Stralsund. Handed out a promotion and a qualification and requested transfer to 1st Flotilla in Kiel. Transfer accepted and now I'm in Kiel on 9 September with orders to patrol AN36 (the Skagerrak); I think I might try to change the patrol area before I set out. Otherwise, for now I'm just going to move ahead with both of these careers to see how things progress.

Cheers...CaptBones.
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote