View Single Post
Old 03-20-17, 04:03 PM   #821
PapaSmurf
Bosun

Downloads: 129
Uploads: 0
Default Need help with new installation please.

I made a mistake and posted in the general SH3 forum so I am reposting here after being told this is the correct place for this subject. My computer quit on me so I bought a new computer and it has windows 10 like my old one did. I had zero troubles loading the game and lots of mods on the old one, with this one I am having trouble just getting the game installed. I went through the tutorials step by step and here is my problem. On Post #5 of the tutorials I have named my folder SilentHunterIII. In your picture of your SHIII folder you show subfolders of data, documentation and support. My SilentHunterIII folder has none of those sub folders. But I choose my SilentHunterIII folder and click "ok", this is at picture 5 in the installation tutorial. Immediately I get an this error message

You have selected this path
D:\SilentHunterIII\
No valid SH3.EXE found in this folder.

Can someone please guide me to where I am making my mistake.
I have tried using the free download manager to speed things up and then move SH3 to my folder, and I have tried downloading straight to my folder. Neither way makes any difference, I always get this same error message at this stage of the installation. I'm at a loss as to where my SH3.EXE is located.
I forgot to add that I am downloading the game from LSH3 2015 and have tried both the full and the split downloads.

Last edited by PapaSmurf; 03-20-17 at 04:11 PM.
PapaSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote