View Single Post
Old 03-31-13, 08:48 AM   #40
ninja turtle
Frogman

Downloads: 249
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtCdrAceMcGraw View Post
Silent Hunter Online, based on kaleun Cook's video, is not for me. But I can see the good in it - it can only generate interest for the genre and get people who perhaps had never considered games like Silent Hunter to give it a try and see what it's all about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxianFive View Post
This is game is obviously designed to run on as many browsers and various spec machines as possible so that as many people can play it as possible, to try to make as much money from it as possible. Therefore it has to have as much action as possible because a lot of gamers, especially young ones get bored with all the really true to life functions of an accurate simulation. Obviously this will be extremly simple to play for most people on this forum who are used to the complexity of SH 3, 4, or 5. But we should give it a chance as some of the many gamers who have never played a subsim before might, just might, evolve from playing this and join us here in playing the more involved sims in the SH world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock30Eric View Post
I think SHO is a great idea for those beginners before they jump into a hardcore silent hunter series.

Basically, SHO is a waterdown of SH5. It could be a double blade sword for some of us.

I believe we can call for SH6 someday in the future.
Once this is released I'm pretty sure I will give it a go. If I don't like it then fair enough. I agree with the above quotes that a game like this could entice more youngsters into the genre we all love. That can't be a bad thing.

ninja turtle is offline   Reply With Quote