View Single Post
Old 11-19-23, 01:19 AM   #42
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostfriese View Post
Can this be repaired, and -if yes- is it worth it?
Yes, and... well, let's work through this. It costs 1000 supply to repair each individual point. The shipyard and oil centers are worth it for sure. Resources... no, it'll take nearly 3 years each repaired unit to generate 1000 supply worth of resources, but mostly, I just don't think I'm going to run out of enough resources globally to keep the industry producing, so repairing them won't matter. Industry... same timetable as resources, but these are the bottleneck in the production chain, it's early enough in the war for that to be a maybe. So, here's how I'm going to decide this--I'll repair the factories up to the level that there are resources on Java alone to sustain them... which it turns out is negative, Java would need to import resources to keep its factories running. So I won't be repairing either resources or industry. I may reassess this after I take Batavia, since Batavia's 41 Heavy Industry units were decisive in the above math.

On the fuel side, I wouldn't want to pay to repair the refineries because it's not a huge loss if I ship the oil to Japan to be refined into fuel there. It's nice to have locally produced fuel so I don't have to ship fuel back out here, but I have plenty of refineries operating in Borneo and Sumatra.