View Single Post
Old 04-11-18, 03:04 PM   #92
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I contunue to see a busines smodle like that of big social media compoanies as almost a perversion. Its no business that could be covered and assessed by classicel standards of economy,a dn thus imo is as dangerous and unpreidctable as is nuclear fission without the technical knowledge of how to keep it within stable paramters.

Also, take note of the despicableness and law-bending basic attitude of Zuckerberg that can be read in these emails from a long time ago:

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...llege-messages

Quote:
Zuckerberg appears to confirm in one message that he secretly hacked into the website of the Harvard University newspaper, the Crimson, by guessing the emails and passwords of two people in the college database.

"So I want to read what they said about me before the article came out and after I complained," he told a friend. "So I'm just like trying the email/passwords of everyone who put that they're in the Crimson. I wonder if the school tracks stuff like that."

In another message, Zuckerberg boasts about deactivating college students' accounts on the internal Harvard social network, ConnectU. "I got bored so I started deactivating accounts on ConnectU haha," the future cyber-grandee writes.

Zuckerberg jokes in another exchange that 4,000 people have submitted emails, pictures and addresses to his budding Harvard social network. "People just submitted it ... I don't know why ... They 'trust me' ... dumb ****s."

People do not change fundamentally. I learned that from Dr. House.

If you invets into this c0mopany, you help Zuckerberg to succeed and keep on going. If you think that is okay that he succeeds, then you only get from him what yoiu deserve. Probvlem is that by enforcing Facebook'S success, you pull a lot of people not nwanting that down with you as well.

The ethical dimension of "investing" is often overlooked these days. People invest into some health service provider and overlook that this compoany then must make profit to please its sharegholders by saving costs in the healths ector and hospitals. Other people invest into producers of controversial products and ignore what these products may mean for the wellfare of othe rpeople or nations. Or people inest into favcebook, and just do not care for the consequences of that company coming to power like it did.

Zuckerberg said he is sorry, and he said id so often over the past years, and avoided critical consequences, whereas some of the senators and congressmen were extremely badly prepared like this incompetent clueless fool asking how Facebook generates income. Zuckerberg's laconic reply: "We take out advertisments."

Maybe the plebs indeed deserves to get abused by Zuckerberg. Itzs just that there are the few of us who also get pulled down into the maelstrom of worrying changes and developments despite not wanting it and despite warning of it. This is the real injustice in all this. And the tragey is that many people in many countries need to invest into stocks of such quetionable, dubious businesses to form a safe founding for their high age, and cannot escape to also finance dirt like this. Becasue your bak adviuser or stocks broker doe snot tell you about these things, they only see numbers and graphs - and what they mean for themselves, their won profit that they make via your investment.

Its a situation that makes me wanting to voimit on it all. I had two reasons why I stopped being engaged in stocks: I found solid assessments to be made on business situations of comapnies becoming more and more unaccessible for laymen like me, althoiugh I taught myself over the past 6 or 7 years more abotu it than probbaly the average Joe does know, until I found that often I needed to acceopt foul compormises or throwing dice, and seocnd reason: increasing ethical scruples. I am well off, I coudl afford to not continue with that. But what should all those people (especially with families) do, who are not as well off like me (who is only responsible for himself and nobody else?

All this modern world's fundaments, its all a damn mess, me often thinks. A bloody damn mess.