View Single Post
Old 10-26-17, 03:01 PM   #44
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiii View Post
the compressed file is ct periscope +anim.....may need to move the mesh, but can probably work around this if necessary.
IIRC that file contains interior's periscope models. Wjat do you need to change in it?

Quote:
no new guns, will use the stock ones. (but I may redo the textures) a lot of the in game textures look fugly on a 55" screen
Textures are not a problem.

Quote:
I can open the sensors file, just can`t save it, something to do with datatype definitions in sec 6. and I seem to remember TDW altered that file for something and said not to let anything overwrite it, otherwise bad things would happen
I remember now. The reason for most GR2 Editor versions not being able to open that file, and no version being able to save it, is a checksum error. The error itself only affects TDW version of the file: he had hex edited it long before he could figure out most of the knowledge that GR2 Editor is based on. If memory serves me well, his only change to thesaid file, was removing the RWR equipment linking node from the telescopic snorkel. Today, you can do the same using the editor, with no checksum errors on saving. Just work on the stock file instead of messing with TDW's bugged file
gap is offline   Reply With Quote