View Single Post
Old 03-26-14, 08:16 PM   #1
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19
Default Torpedo reload times

Been playing careers with a modified Sargo for so long I forgot exactly what I modded (senility is fun sometimes) so when I started fiddling with S-boat careers it struck me the torpedo reloads seemed unusually slow. After poking around here and there I discovered that at some point in the past (when I was still under 60 and had a few brain cells left) I changed the torpedo reload time setting in the \Data\Submarine\NSS_Sargo\NSS_Sargo.sim file from the default 1.32 to 0.5.

Before finding that I had been fooling with the S-18 CFG and UPC files changing the ReloadingweaponCoef= 0.072 to other numbers, which has no effect that I can detect. At the bottom of the .sim file however is 10/11 wpn_SubTorpedoSys. Under rooms\fore (and aft for anything other than a sugar boat) is LoadTime=1.32. Note at the bottom says this is reload time in minutes, but they're using a different clock because I timed the reload with an average crew (with GQ set) at 8 minutes per tube. So whatever the number is multiply by 6 and it should come pretty close, so what's a good compromise reload time? Don't want to make it too fast or there would be no point even having realistic reload on, but at 8 minutes per tube you might as well not bother sounding GQ since most of the remaining targets will become impatient waiting for you to reload and steam off to find another sub to sink them. The 0.5 I had set on the Sargo (still don't remember when I did that or why) comes out to about 3 minutes per tube, which is way too fast. 5 minutes or 6 be more reasonable? 5 minutes would have 4 tubes reloaded in 20 minutes, as opposed to 32 minutes for the default setting, would 4 minutes be too fast, four tubes in 16 minutes? Opinions vary, so let's see if we can find the average opinion.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote