View Single Post
Old 03-25-11, 07:26 PM   #69
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 262
Uploads: 0

Great tutorial videos stoianm. REally helpful.

I put a question about manual targeting in the SH5 TDC Tutorial thread but I don't think anyone has seen it. Here it is. Hoping someone can answer my question. I watched your tutorial on manual targeting but I still have trouble with AOB.

I'm used to SH4 which means I am used to the position keeper. Enter Uboat...no position keeper obviously. So what is the correct order of entering data into the TDC? I ask because every time I put my scope down ( to avoid detection) and raise it again to take a new bearing/range measurement, my AOB resets itself.

I've been doing this

1. Get target's speed through visual observations (using the 3min 15sec rule...mark target's position, wait 3 minutes and 15 seconds, mark target's position again, the distance traveled in meters corresponds to speed.)

2. Take bearing/range readings using stadimeter - enter them

3. Enter AOB (measure using navmap protractor tool).

4. Take one last range reading before firing (Note: I usually have to reset the AOB at this point because the last range/bearing reading seems to reset my AOB dial.

Am I doing something wrong?

Also, is the 3 minute, 15 second rule for taking speed measurements correct? In SH4 it was an even 3 minutes but when using meters as opposed to yards I believe it is 3:15.
Dignan is offline   Reply With Quote