View Single Post
Old 11-14-16, 03:55 AM   #5
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by urfisch View Post
Im german, so my english might not be the best...anyway. Few weeks ago, i recognized the game is over 10 years old now. And still there are so many people working on nice mods. Beside this, there has been created a wonderful amount of mods for sh3 from very talented people. I met so fascinating captains here, learned much and had much fun (cudos to skwasjer, Racerboy, DivingDuck, HanSolo78 and many others). Getting all these into the WOLFPACK Crew would be a great step forward in getting the best subsim ever made.

And i love, to see its all so alive here. There are 100-200 skippers every evening online, only reading the sh3 modding section. Thanks to all you nice people, who made it possible for me to have such nice hours, days and weeks in the modding of this game. In the last 11(!) years. OMG so much time has passed.

And as a footnote, my "Uboat Story, how all started".

My start in the fascination of Uboats was the movie "Das Boot". I was a little boy of 6 or 7 years when my parents went for a dinner party and i was allowed to watch this film on TV. You have to know, watching TV still was a special event at that time I was so much cought in the intense atmosphere of the film, i will never forget. Few weeks later i found the book "Iron Coffins" in the shelf of my uncle at my grandmas house and was deeply sunk into it. I still own it, and its extremly used from many readings. The "last Boat" in Laboe/Kiel was then visited every 2-3 years in summer I later bought the movie on VHS Videotape, just to own it and started modelling with Revell Type VII plastic models, i never finished as the grade of detail was not meeting my expectations (same experience i had with modding in SH3 xD). Later i learned, there are high detail parts made of metal. But in the 90s they where so expensive, simply not in reach for a schoolboy.

Then, 20 years later i was student for graphics and still very interested in german uboats of ww2. I remember the day of release, in march 2005. Must have been the 14th i think. Was a cloudy day with some sunny parts. Cold. I phoned many game shops in my hometown Hamburg, to see if some already have it for sale earlier. Then i found one, who had it 1 day before official release and i travelled over an hour through the whole city to get there. The moment i stepped out the shop, with the game in my hands, unforgetable. The shop does not exist any more. But i drive often along this street as its a main road out of the city and think of this nice moment. I would say, i never had another game, that took such powerful my passion and attention. Great to see, im not alone. Want to say, im proud being a member here.

*hug Onkel Neal and the rest of the skippers here*

Hear! Hear

Great to see you again urfish, still using your fine Mod-Strike Beta after all this time

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote