View Single Post
Old 04-18-19, 07:48 AM   #11
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Ok, taking out all German speech, i can hear the Yes Sir when ordering Man the Deck Gun (3 times in a row!)
Replacing the German files Man the Deck Gun by the Yawol Kaleun, wich is same file length as the English one doesn’t work at all...
So it’s not a length matter...

I’ve checked all Capt Scurvy told me in the Library folder for orders, and everything seems fine with all the files.
So i’ll Just give up for the moment, and live without those sound files not playing

Might be a hard coded issue.
Yes, it MIGHT be a hard coded issue, it's hard to say before exhausting all other possibilities?.

I'm wondering out loud here. I was using the Stock game yesterday and tested the "Man the Deck Gun" button.....I got 5 "Yes Sir's" before the game put the crew into position, no "Man the Deck Gun". I'm just wondering if removing the "Yes Sir" from the WcO Weapons Officer would allow the "Man the Deck Gun" to play?? We would have to remove the "Yes Sir" from the "Data/Library/AnimGraphs/WCO.dat/StateMachineClass" folder, but it's worth a try.

It could also be an over riding "Yes Sir" coming from another AI individual that's stinking up the works? It's hard to tell just which voice goes with which AI individual.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote