View Single Post
Old 10-06-18, 02:14 PM   #4554
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark bonamer View Post
pb,

1. i didn't know about the RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1. with all of the TMO caveats about crossing-the-streams, i was diligent in only applying that which related to TMO 2.5. yes, i actually read the beautiful PDF in the Support folder.

2. i always re-install directly from cdrom.
3. the only edit i performed was on Commands.cfg and that was AFTER the F12 CTD...and all i did was no-op the F12 key such that if i pressed it by accident i would not CTD myself.
4. i AM running without GameBooster now that i put OpMunson aside. That baby is a memory hawg.

well, crap. these CTD are keyboard-to-command CTD's...press a camera-key {bang} CTD.

i could swear that i have played TMO in the past without an issue and i could swear that i have played RSRD in the past without an issue, so i am at a complete loss as to why i am suddenly encountering these issues when i put them together.

one more item, i put the TMO+RSRD combo to the SH Validator test and found a surprising number of errors. i fixed them in the current config and reran but the result is the same. if you or someone else wants the logfile from the Validator run, let me know and we can work something out and send it. not sure how to do that but we can create a solution if need be.
pb,

don't put any time into this.
this is some stupid thing and i will figure it out.

thanks.
mb

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote