View Single Post
Old 05-15-10, 10:51 AM   #242
Rosencrantz
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 0

to blueduck:

Angriffscheibe-problem solved! I really have to read the scheibe differently than the previous one I got used to, and I have to say, I'm starting to like this one even more than the previous version. And thanks to you I ever gave another thought on this scheibe!

So, after I'll get my boat back to Wilhelmshaven, I can put my efforts to solve next two problems: how to raise my boats endurance (running with U 8, Type IIB, not with some other boat belonging to the IIA class), and why my TDC panel is showing pretty odd Schusswinkels every time bearing target is more than 10 degrees of bow (010R/350R). Found this problem while making test approaches on ships sighted during test runs. I can manually put in right values to the TDC of course, but that seems have no effect on what is shown in TDC panel. This problem is very interesting, as war is getting closer day after day. This is a bit like I would be preparing a real ship to the real war, solwing a problem after problem, and wondering, if I could hit anything if it'll get "real". Maybe Prien, Kretchmer and the others felt somehow in the same way, at least after torpedo problems raised their head. And maybe I should get my boat back to the Erprobungstelle Kiel for futer testings of angled shot.

Greetings,
-RC-
Rosencrantz is offline   Reply With Quote