View Single Post
Old 01-09-09, 09:01 PM   #8
SUBMAN1
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud_Silence
I bought X-Plane V9 and it only gave me bad experiences... no buildings at airports, ugly interface and controls configuration, very bad helicopter flight dynamics, ugly atc, no flight planner, i couldn't start jet engines...
It doesn't deserve 9 GB of my hard drive
I have to disagree. Helo's are probably the most accurately modeled there is in any flight sim. You are probably used to dumbed down flight models.

I file flight plans and there is one in affect in the above screenshots.

Buildings at airports can be fixed by downloading the appropriate scenery for free, though buildings might detract from the flight model by slowing down frame rate, though higher HP systems should have no problem.

The only worse interface / controls configuration I can think of that is worse - FSX. :p

Some things that are done accurately:

Unlike FSX, its a 'real' flight model. That is why the graphics may not be as good as FSX is that FSX using a 'fake' flight model. X-Plane models the 'airflow' over the control surfaces and wings so flight dynamics are incredibly accurate. Of course this means you must maintain 12 FPS minimum to model it correctly, so graphics won't be as snazy as FSX, but feel will be incredible.

So I guess it comes down to what you want:

1. Snazzy graphics - Get FSX
2. Flight model - Get X-Plane 9

You decide - you watn an arcade game? Or the real thing? Not to hard a decision in my book.

Then you can design your own airports if you like with the built in tools, or design your own airfoils or aircraft. When you put your modeled plane into X-Plane, it will fly like you designed it just like in real life if it exists (The 4 place aircraft gyro copter had a lot of flight test time on X-Plane to get an idea how it would fly prior to its real flight if that tells you anything). Try this with FSX - you have to tell the sim how it flies.

-S

PS. I think your above comments are simply because you don't know what you had loaded up. Go take a second take. You'll be pleasantly surprised.