View Single Post
Old 02-14-17, 04:31 PM   #1275
justaman
Swabbie

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0
Default Keeping depth

Question about the "keeping depth" with NYGM. Currently running SH3+NYGM+S.hie+STiebler+Commander. I read in the readme before installing that you "slowly" sink if you dont maintain some speed underwater.

After the start of my carreer (VIIB) I intercepted a convoy after 11 day's of patrolling. When attacking(undamaged) I tried to penetrate the convoy while silent running. I went from periscop depth to 80meters in about 3 minutes... to just maintain depth I had to go "halbe kraft voraus". This does not really feel historically correct... from 15 to 80 meters in under 5 minutes of slow running would mean that in reallity a u boat crew could not maintain silent running for more than 10 minutes before going into critical depth? I read in some threads that the "sinking" effect is made worse by the stieblers patch? Is this correct? I can't attack anything while submerged unless I keep half to max speed?

I have the "sabotage and malfunctions" enabled in commander. Could this be a sabotage feature?

Just to be sure, I am not trying to question the research by modders or other individuals. It just does not feel correct...
Thx in advance
justaman is offline   Reply With Quote