View Single Post
Old 06-08-18, 09:57 AM   #3
greyrider
Watch Officer

Downloads: 237
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Very nice test greyrider. Thanks for that. Which mods (if any) did you use for your test? Do you feel adventurous enough to try it in a different game configuration?... - that's a lot to ask of a fellow, I know!

ahoy Propbeanie......for your questions, i use trigger maru 2.5, otc for trigger,
but its not really a question of a mod, 18.3nm is the same radius of the listening range that was sh3, in that respect, sh3 and sh4 are the same, sh4 is sh3 in the pacific really, same map, same listening radius.

i do have every man qualified for the room, and i have taken some of the german special abilities and american special abilities, and have as many as possible qualified with one of them, the yellow abilities can be activated, i have alot of repair guys that can fix things pretty fast when they need to be activated, the passive ones add more range or whatever action of the ability gets improved. that wasnt a factor here tho, i did this before years ago, during my days with stock sh4 and sh3, so really theres no change, no mod i know that i used changed the sound radius, so i would say it doesnt matter what someone uses in mods, they wont have an effect, but if it was up to me, i'd have it as in rl, that it changed every day, sh4 does not model closing and going away sounds like in rl, they both the same, i have listened to both closing and going away, theres clearly a difference, we only know by asking ai. in the book clear the bridge, okane writes, as they were approaching a target, sonar caught the ship turning before the rest of the fire control party, because he heard the rudder moving, these types of sounds are not in the game, he said thats the difference between a listener, and a sonarman. anyway, i wouldnt worry about that tho, i dont think it will affect you, its hardcoded, probably becus underneath, its sh3

mods i use

Her gun crew had guts, however, for from her canting bow came a half dozen well-aimed rounds. How they pointed and trained their gun on that tilting platform will long remain a wonder, and their dedication in keeping up the fire until they went under would be a matter of pride to any nation.

O'Kane, Richard. Clear the Bridge!: The War Patrols of the U.S.S. Tang

Last edited by greyrider; 06-08-18 at 10:08 AM.
greyrider is offline   Reply With Quote