View Single Post
Old 07-20-10, 03:15 PM   #3
FERdeBOER
XO

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
I think it's a great idea. And I wouldn't be discouraged by having to manually enter some data. After all, right now if we want to do something like this it is 100% manual.
Thanks, I also think like you.

Quote:
Quick question though... what can we expect from campaigns created like this? Right now it seems like it would be a campaign like we already have in DW--single player and consisting of scenarios strung together in a storyline. I'd love to find a way to generate DW missions as part of a multiplayer campaign without a scripted storyline. Is anything like that on your radar?
Mi intention about a campaign is like you say. No storyline, no scripting, just an introduction and missions created based on previous results and random.
It can be done for multiplayer without problems. Well, probably would be a little tricky, but nothing unbearable.

What I've though is this:
Let's think about two sides. Both of them start equal, 50%.
Of course when one side wins a battle, gains points and the loser loss points.
The sides are more or less aggressive depending on if they are winning or losing.
To make it "dynamic" I thought on creating a list of the most important platforms (cruisers, Naval bases, SSN and specially CVs and SSBN...). Destroying them makes them out of the campaign.
For doing so, once played the mission and restarted the campaign generator, we should go to "uncheck" the killed platform and so the program won't use it again.
The "lesser" platforms and civil shipping should be considered "expendable", so destroying them gives you points but the platform may appear again in the future.
Of course this is not magical. First one must decide the sides and the platforms involved and give that data to the program. But once done, it will be easier.

What kind of campaign are you thinking about? Let's make a little brainstorming