Old 07-13-07, 04:31 AM   #5
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX
Still seems to me it could be a good sim
but I would like to see if they would keep it opcional to choose between Simple management of the tank and Complex (military) in a sort of dificulty setup of the game.

the good thing about it is.
people that just start playing the game will easily learn the game and what the tank does.
if they want more challenging and more control over the tank they can switch to Complex management to enjoy the game even more

just my 2cts
HunterICX
But is tank handling as it is right now really that difficult...?

Chances are they will simplify things that right now are a bit more complex than is needed for the game market, for example the procedures to call in artillery (which is planned to be turned into an even more realistic and thus: complex one in the future). I could imagine they will have shadows, better infantry animations (maybe polygon-people), bigger smoke fans, better graphic FX in general, maybe functional weather, "über"-night vision screens (like oyu had with SB1), etc.

I considered some of these things (weather, changing time of day, shadows) to be important. However, after getting into SBPro-testing, I immediately forgot all these factors I would have loved to see before. SBP makes you forget that these things are not there very quickly.

I also hope they resist the pressure to include a dynamic campaign. SBP lives very much from good and mean mission designs and clever tactics - and these efforts cannot be succesfully conducted by an AI. What we do not need is a clueless massing of enemy troops like we used to have with M1TP2 (not that I did not enjoy it in it's time...)