View Single Post
Old 06-23-19, 09:35 PM   #6
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post

4. If I switch off one engine on the surface can I still recharge my batteries?

5. Does switching to one engine save much fuel?

Engine/shafts selector is mostly just a demonstration of TDW's modding abilities. There isn't much use of it in normal gameplay...
The shaft selectors must be good for something, for example:
If I get it right, if you press both icons (I use the SH3 dials, so it's left & right from my speed dial) then you should decouple the diesel engines from both propellers, and I wonder if you would run only with electric engines on surface. This would be a good scenario if your diesel engines are highly damaged , giving you more speed with the electric only ones while you have flooding impeding you to dive, although the idea is to accelerate the diesel repairs in this case, but I don't think the game is so smart to account for this. But if it works (running with electrics on surface) ... I would call that very useful in normal gameplay...Another chance to survive

And about recharging batteries:
Your engineer will automatically decouple 1 diesel engine from the propellers and use it for recharging if your sub goes at least at minimum speed on surface, and you can also be at 0 speed and give this order yourself, choose Engineer icon > Propulsion > Battery icon. In all cases the recharge speed is the same (so you better keep moving!).

Good hunting,
XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 06-23-19 at 09:58 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote