Old 06-15-11, 12:19 PM   #1501
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvadoreno View Post
Hey guys

Why cant the silent running slow sinking be utilized with GWX?
If I am not mistaking it could with a quick change of the mass of the boat in each sub.sim file.Could easily be modded in for those that want it.

But the thing is from what I gather...I think that silent running actually might cause the boat to surface instead of submerge.Uboats have a negative tank that is rapidly filled with water as soon as dive is ordered and filled again very quickly the instant the boat is submerged.They did this for safety reason.It forces a "slight" bouyancy so that the sub will surface if you say lose your compressed air to fill the ballast with.actually though as long as you have some forward movement I think the boat is easily kept below the surface since slightly positive buoyancy is easily countered with slow speed when near the surface.

From the site I found info at....

""In diving quickly, the negative tank is important. By flooding this tank the submarine becomes negatively buoyant. This gets the boat under water quicker. Once submerged, though, the negative tank will be blown or pumped out, to restore neutral buoyancy. You want to be heavier than water as you dive, but you don't want to stay that way once you're under. If the negative tank remained full and all power was lost the boat would quickly sink below crush depth and kill everyone aboard.""

Last edited by Wolfstriked; 06-15-11 at 01:26 PM.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote