View Single Post
Old 08-12-17, 01:29 PM   #1
thereddaikon
Watch

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Default MPA's overpowered?

I've had to switch from elite to realistic mode because in missions where MPA's are flying around I just can't catch a break.

I can be down around 1000 feet depth running ultra silent with the sensors showing I am completely invisible to surface contacts. Even the helos unable to find me but those damn bears seem to always know just where to search and their MAD always locates me. If I don't go flank and make aggressive maneuvers I'll have a spread of depth charges on top of me in seconds.

That doesn't seem right to me. Going off of what actual submariners have said online, aircraft aren't supposed to be THAT good at finding you. And MAD isn't supposed to be that accurate. I find it hard to believe that an over sized metal detector flying at a few hundred mph 1500 feet above me can give such perfect a solution when the sub is made out of non magnetic steel and he only gets a split second above me.

Is this realistic? Are they overpowered? Or is this a gameplay choice on the dev's part to make the game more challenging? What do you guys do to counter this? I like playing at elite and do fine otherwise but the MPA's always have my number.
thereddaikon is offline   Reply With Quote