View Single Post
Old 10-02-08, 02:47 AM   #90
MBot
Loader

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

I would absolutely love love to see SH5 go cold war. With Sonalysts having pulled out of the entertainment sector this seems to be the only way to get a new modern naval sim. Considering the developers background, I am sure that SH5 would take a slightly different approach the the subject matter, which doesn't have to be a bad thing.

Quite obviously the scenario would have to be a fictional "hot" Cold War. While it would be fictional it would still be authentic with correct OOBs and doctrines. Because saying that this scenario is unrealistic because it didn't happen is to me like to dismiss the billions spend and thousands men serving to be ready to wage that war.
A sim with a dynamic campaign and player interaction can by definition not be completely historical accurate anyway, not even when set in WWII. The Kirishima sunk at Savo Island and only there, everything else is already alternative history.

I could see three periods being possible. The 1950s with advanced WWII technology and the first generation of nuclear subs. The 1960s and early 70s with the second generation nuclear subs, like the Permit and Sturgeon class. And the late 70s and 80s with the 3rd generation of nuces. The first or second period would make most sense I guess.

Let's see what the future brings.
MBot is offline   Reply With Quote