View Single Post
Old 03-06-09, 02:26 PM   #5
Etienne
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullethead
If you're travelling on business, unless your job is being a missionary to the Congo or something, then you're almost certainly going to have at least weekly internet connection to check in with your boss and family.
I work on merchant ships, where the internet is still a new-fangled thing that we get either via fancy satellite systems, cell phone (When we're in range, and usually out of the crewmember's pocket), or shortwave radio. What internet we get is usually limited to operational stuff, and maybe sometimes email from home. The thought of a crewmember connecting his personnal computer to the network would send IT in a fit, and it's not big stretch of imagination to think it might result in disciplinary action.

I've spent upward of five months without connecting my computer to the internet. Heck, I've spent month long periods without CALLING home.

Seriously, I understand why you have DRM, and it looks like a great game. But there's no point in buying it, for me, since once I ship out all I'll get is the demo anyway. Most of my gaming happens when I'm shipped out, so I was glad the review mentionned that, really.

And yes, it is possible to live without the internet. The withdrawal period's a bitch, tho
Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote