View Single Post
Old 05-04-08, 04:20 PM   #135
kweigel
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default I DID IT!

I was able to get SHIII to run on my Dell Laptop which has Vista Home Premium. (By the way, I HATE Vista, and I would take it off and install XP if I could....)

Anyway, here is what worked for me.

1. Installed SHIII.

2. Downloaded and install Patch 1.4

3. SHIII would not run - Administer error and bad driver notification (what else is new...)

So I removed the StarForce device drivers. Select the System icon in your Windows Control Panel. Click the Device Manager button in the hardware tab and then select "Show Hidden Devices" from the View menu. Now check the Non-Plug and Play Drivers device tree, and you should find a few StarForce entries. Uninstall
these and reboot your PC.

I rebooted and right clicked on the SH3 icon and clicked on "run as administrator."

IT WORKED! It is runningflawlessly!

I just may pony up the $20.00 to download the DD version - I understand that has no SF drivers or SF garbage. Might be worth it, and I would never have to use the DVD again.......if someone has done this, and it works, let me know please. Also, does UBI give you only one download, or do they give you 2-3 in case your HD crashes or you change 'puters?

Thanks in advance..........

Last edited by kweigel; 05-04-08 at 06:54 PM.
kweigel is offline   Reply With Quote