View Single Post
Old 04-15-08, 01:49 PM   #126
Brer Rabbit
Briar Patch Runner

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0
Default UBI Down load

I recently bought a new laptop HP 9000 series w/ Intel core 2 Duo CPU @ 2.1 GHZ, 4 GB RAM, Nvidia GE Force 8600M GS w/ 512MB dedicated RAM. I nstalled my older version of SH 4 and patched it. It installed SF and required the disk to be in the drive for some reason, but it ran well. Next I followed P-B's advice and went to UBI and purchased a downloadable version of SH3 for $20. Upon installing it it asked that the older version of SF be uninstalled, which I did and resumed the install process. It did not reinstall SF. Both SH3&4 run well, and do not require the disk in th edrive to run. I have not yet modded either, as I'll rest on this success first, and then gradually add to mods.
I am currently in Jan 41 in stock SH3 on my desk top and want to complete that career before adding any mods or starting a new career.

The $20 download has so far proven a good investment, and I am considering removing my SH4 and doing the same for it, but that will wait until a get q few missions under my belt, as I am currently fully into SH3.
Brer Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote