View Single Post
Old 10-13-17, 12:57 PM   #653
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLF View Post
I have received permission from Direction Interrégionale de la Mer Nord Atlantique-Manche Ouest to publish the photograph on this forum

The photo of La Tourelle de La Plate is from 1936.
Excellent picture. Please, say thanks to the people from Direction Interrégionale de la Mer Nord Atlantique-Manche Ouest, and show them our little project if you think it can please them.
From the new photograph it is clear that the original gas cylinder with the annexed light platform, looked quite different compared to the one we have in place in our model. Since we are at it, I think I will correct the small inaccuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLF View Post
The person who has supplied these will look for info on La Tourelle du Chat at the beginning of next week. They have emailed a photo of Le Chat taken in 1935 but I think I will wait for more info before publishing here as it looks somewhat different to La Tourelle du Chat of today - still with 2 platforms but somewhat thinner. The internet seems rather sparse on info re this one.
Yes, it is true: information on this lighthouse is a bit scarce. Neither Rowlett nor Fichou say anything in their articles about any rebuilding or restucture of the tower which might confirm your impressions, but they might have missed this piece of information.
Anyway, my model of the lighthouse, based on recent pictures and on Fichou's drawing, is pretty much ready though its texture is still WIP. So far, it looks like this:

gap is offline   Reply With Quote