View Single Post
Old 03-07-08, 08:54 PM   #72
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
Default Balao Interiors

Ducimus,

Have the interiors of the Balao Class been improved with the TMO mod? The reason that I am asking is that I just got off patrol in my Gato Class (USS Drum), and got a choice of 1- Retiring while I'm still ahead, or 2- Taking a new boat. Well, I wasn't ready to retire after just one not-so-good patrol so I opted for the new boat (USS Balao). I also took the opportunity to switch to TMO and RDRDC (for TMO).

After making the upgrade, I restarted the sim. I started by loading the 'leavingport' save. When the game started with the opening shot of the Balao's control room, I just about dropped my teeth (dentures) on the floor. The beauty of the control room just floored me, not to mention the attention to detail. So realistic! I took some time wandering around the control room and conning tower and bridge. In the con, I was able to drift the camera over to the TDC and get a really good look at it. Wonderful detail! Also the first time I have been able to move the camera around the rooms.

Is this something new with TMO, or am I just unobservent? I don't remember such beautiful screens on my Gato, or any of the other Balaos I have played before in other careers. I did notice on the Gato that the dive plane indicators were actually working. Nice job on that one! What else is really working now so I can keep an eye out for it?