View Single Post
Old 02-04-18, 04:38 PM   #7
bracer
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Thanks Laud!
Yes, the same wonder drove me to work on a simulator myself!

Has anyone managed to sink some ships yet?
I see I forgot to write down a few instructions, for example how the rangefinder for the AA works...
Also the damage system might need some explanation even though there is no repair crew yet.

Press 6 to enter the damage report screen. Here you can click and get info on the different systems.
It's fairly delicate, the rudder can get jammed or less functional. Take a hit to the main guns and you'll notice bad performance from them. If a shaft gets damaged, the vibration will cause damage to it's turbine while in use. Unfortunatly for you, I havn't included individual turbine control in the demo, so that you can save your turbine...
So one of your turbine randomly dies!? Probably the shaft/propeller took a hit in your last engagement.
Each individual boiler can break as well. But again the boilerroom is omitted since it's wip.

When setting target distance in AA or maingun fire director, you can hold shift to speed it up.

The AA director has a built in rangefinder. I might record a tutorial video later on. But in short, it's two balls and a ruler.
Aim at a target and you might get a distance update, which is the right ball. The left ball is your set fuse/distance. The target distance information gets cold after some time if you do not aim at your target.

There is a map in the captains cabin, it shows a red circle, which is the contact report from U-81. The blue square is where your resupply ship is waiting (actually ends the game) and the green ball is your ship (yes it does move! (Try your mousewheel )).

Let me know if there is any questions! And let me know how your engagement with the enemy went!
bracer is offline   Reply With Quote