View Single Post
Old 01-31-17, 11:16 PM   #1
Polak2
Weps

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 0

Default Improving looks of DW

Here is my recent and very preliminary attempt to improve texture of one of the surface unit in DW.

It is not frankly totally painless and easy task and result perhaps is not very drastic after all. I have no access to any of the 3d editing tool to modify the model (in this case i believe it would be early 3dsMax 3.01) and I only must rely on free 3d converter which allows me to read j3d format and unwrap each part of the DW model to make the repaint of the existing texture more accurate in in higher resolution.

The main problem in continuing this project I see in finding sources on the web and gathering enough materials and pictures of the warships to make their look consistent, hirez and visually better. If someone knows some good internet naval modeling sites please maybe share here.

Also, there is enormous number of the 3d units and models in DW. This project is not for an individual but rather group of texture painters or 3d modelers. I can gladly share ''know how" in brief tutorial, which can follow this post.

Anyway ... its a start (maybe).

Last edited by Polak2; 02-01-17 at 05:54 AM.
Polak2 is online   Reply With Quote