View Single Post
Old 03-12-06, 11:42 PM   #3
TteFAboB
Admiral

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

If you saved $125 every month (and kept the inflation from eating that) by 2025 you'd have $28,500, enough to build your own LAN House and command your friends on your own virtual tank platoon, or not, if 2025 is a post-thermonuclear-war world, then you'd probably have to buy a real [refurbished] M1A2 (equipped with a laser-cannon) instead to defend your local clan against mutant bandit raiders.

I'm buying SPB because I'm not buying a bunch of other games. After being severely dissapointed by "Battlefront II", "Republic Commando", "Empire at War" (modding might save this one), partially "Black & White 2" and others, I don't go out and buy every single good-looking game I see, as I know most games won't offer more than 3 months of gameplay. To me that is the key, replayability.

I'm still playing Jagged Alliance 2 (heavily modded), that game is worth $125 but if I remember I payed $19 for it.

I'm still playing X-Com:Ufo Defense (necrophiliac) and Terror from the Deep every now and then, those games, with horrible graphics, are worth $125 but I payed less than $20 again.

I've been playing X-Wing vs Tie Fighter since 1997 (and the previous ones before that), I don't even remember how much I payed for it but I know it was cheap, adding the Balance of Power expansion and the last game X-Wing:Alliance the total is still below $125. I have the original CD here, it's so old and has been spinning [very] hot for so long the colors are fading away.

If SBP will provide me entertainment for many years to come, it's worth it, because while I'm busy with it, I won't buy the latest shoe-box crappy First Person Shooter and spare myself from the dissapointment and save my money.