Old 08-28-23, 12:06 PM   #48
Toybasher
Watch

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidd View Post
35. Effects from depth-charging:

"Camera shake" from depth charges, the nearer the greater. Sounds of loose-objects crashing about afterwards, eg tins falling our of cupboards, glass breaking, involuntary cries from crew. Camera shakes direction being related to where the charge explodes, ie if above and right, the shake is perpendicular, so a diagonal shake if looking forward or aft. If above or below, a vertical one.
I fully agree on this. There IS some camera shake already when depth charged but I feel it should be much more violent. As you said, have some loose physics objects that get knocked around, paintings flying off the wall, etc.

Maybe temporary "stunning" of the player character (can't move, camera sways heavily for a few seconds) to represent them getting knocked nearly off their feet but that could get frustrating to take control away from the player like that + I don't know how realistic it would be.

I imagine at the very least the rocking the sub has when surfaced could be repurposed to have depth charges feel like they're knocking the sub around.
Toybasher is offline   Reply With Quote