View Single Post
Old 01-21-19, 04:47 PM   #1229
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I've got it running on a Steam install also, easy-peasy (sort of), though I do not recall the details completely. You cannot have the game installed under the Program Files (x86) folder though, so if your Steam Library is under the Steam install (the default), you'll have to move that. In other words, Steam will default to "C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam", and the Library and SH3 will then be "C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam \SteamApps \common \Silent Hunter 3\". I moved my Steam Library (Steam stays where it is, just move the Library) into "C:\Games\", so that I now have "C:\Games \Steam \common \Silent Hunter 3\". After that, then change that folder name to SilentHunter3, and do the LSH install, pointing it at the new Library folder of SH3. Another thing about the Steam game is that it is the "latest" or most recent version of SH3 v1.4b of the executable file (v1.4.1.1??). If you need more help with it, let me know. I've had to put a new hard drive in the laptop I'm on here, and I'll have to re-install my whole Steam outfit, and the games... sigh... Anyway, if you do, start a new thread and we'll leave a trail for others to follow (hopefully, not down to the pea patch)...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote