View Single Post
Old 07-28-08, 03:09 PM   #262
Bosje
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0

can't find it just now but someone on this thread said the submerged/surface bugs are related,
I agree, has to be (from where i'm sitting)

watch crew staying on bridge while submerged and staying inside when surfaced would be just annoying but the bugs have consequenses (or more likely are consequenses of some bigger bug)

watch on bridge while submerged also means: silent running not possible, external torpedoes being loaded
watch not coming up also means: CO2 building up without possible refresh, so the crew die
(although the diesels do work, and the radio too i think, visual contacts also seem to be spotted but that needs confirmation)

it's almost as if the game doesn't accurately recognise which way is up. Never saw that in 1.4, all i ever had there was the crew going belowdecks when the boat hit a bit of a wave in a storm. is this bug a result of the dev team trying to fix the crew? don't remember it being a problem in SH3, the boys would stay on the bridge in bad weather (sometimes being submerged for a couple seconds, yes, but only going below when the boat was actually ordered to dive. And they went down as soon as the order was given. maybe that helps?

both issues are fixed when reloading a save game. but saving and reloading games often SEEMS to introduce the bug more frequently.

also: blowing gales inside the control room at 200 feet depth are back, had it just now after doing some taskswitching while in a storm

and: radio/grammophone not thought through. both are disabled by silent running but if they were playing when going to silent, they keep playing and you can't access them when in silent running (minor thing, just secure silent running for 2 seconds to turn off the gramophone)
bigger issue: same with radio while submerged. radio disabled when submerged but it keeps playing if it was on, and you can't turn it off while submerged

my observations, hope they are any help at all

Last edited by Bosje; 07-28-08 at 03:32 PM.
Bosje is offline   Reply With Quote