Old 10-29-15, 04:28 AM   #83
Fader_Berg
中国水兵

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri II View Post
Hi,

a quick question. I have your mod enabled on top of h.sie fixes and experienced something mildly strange.
I was hunting a ship in foggy weather, when it was sighted it was at a bearing of about 25° and a range of about 700 m. I didn't have it locked and asked the WO about range to nearest contact, his reply: "nearst contact at bearing 312, range 3400 m".

I repeated the question a few times and his estimates were allway different and never anywhere near correct. When the ship passed out of sight (it was neutral) I asked him again, his reply: "nearest contact at bearing 374, range 76326464 (not the exact number he said but something like this)".

Is this the fog messing with something? In retrospect I think it's possible that the officer did not have a watch qualification, but I'm not sure?
Hmmm... Very odd.

The algorithm used for wo_experience can't come up with such huge differences. It just alters the SH3 range finding a bit.
My guess is that there is something wrong with the wo_targeting part of it. The memory area where the locked ship is supposed to be, is freed and are being used for something else. The estimates in such case, will seem to be totally random.
Why isn't the locked target cleared, since no ship is locked?

I'll have a look on it tonight.

Thanks for reporting.

Updates
151029:
I can't find the cause of this, or reproduce the problem with the information given. This doesn't mean that the bug doesn't exists.
Further reports regarding this problem are welcome.
160111:
Since this error has not been reported again. It will be removed from the bug list.

Last edited by Fader_Berg; 01-13-16 at 09:04 PM.
Fader_Berg is offline   Reply With Quote