View Single Post
Old 01-17-12, 10:21 AM   #844
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiemookie View Post
You never know when the Dwemer will return. Perhaps their punishment for using Kagrenac's tools on the Heart of Lorkhan was only purgatory, not outright annihilation. You could be wandering around the in the dark, when all of a sudden....*POP!* you're surrounded by angry dwarves.

Muahahahahaha...
Meh, they could just be grumpy.

Or bashful, which would explain why you never see them.

Anyway the Nzadchoowhatchamacallit ruins won't be too bad this time with the Magigolo in tow. Even the actual fighting bits weren't too bad with Vilkas the last time around, it was just the place I hated. Later on with that character we were traveling somewhere else out in the wilds and I started up a side path into some ruins I hadn't seen before and halfway up the climb Vilkas suddenly says something like "These Dwarven ruins always make me a little nervous" and I was like "did you say Dwarven? mmmmkay not even going there" and back down we went toot sweet.

I remember I tried Shimmermist Cave way too early with the current character, with Lydia along for backup. BAD IDEA. I'd forgotten about what's waiting at the end of that one. Died several times - hell, died several times just getting through the Chaurus, GET OUT OF THE WAY LYDIA I'M BEING EATEN ALIVE HERE - before I finally gave up and reloaded an earlier pre-i'msostoopid save and resolved to go back later which I did.

With an intelligent, actually-knows-what-he's-doing combat mage at my side? Easy peasy lemon squeezy. My current combat strategy is to debilitate the most dangerous opponent in the area with a poisoned arrow or a shout if it seems warranted and then hide behind something until he wears them down or (usually) finishes them off.

I can't even count the number of times we've been running along through the wilds and all of a sudden I hear a *sizzle pop* back behind me and I turn around and he's just killed whatever it was that was about to attack me that I didn't even know was there. And it's not uncommon for him to charge ahead of me in dungeons as soon as we're detected and clear out an entire chamber before I even get there. I took a bounty to kill a giant in a camp and got there and killed him but there was another giant and a couple of bandits just outside the camp, I think they were fighting each other and hadn't even addressed our presence yet altho we had been detected. He took out everyone and everything in the general vicinity, including two mammoths, just on principle. I think he may have... issues.

I swear everytime I go to Jorrvaskr and see Vilkas I haz a sad because I didn't marry him again but there is no way I'm giving up the wizard.

I'll just have to have a torrid affair with Vilkas when I'm finishing out the Companion quests and the Magigolo is safe at home mixing potions and cooking dinner. Heaven knows Lydia is too stupid to take advantage of the situation.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote