View Single Post
Old 01-17-12, 08:48 AM   #841
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
Don't you have to run across Meridia's Beacon before the quest will activate? I always found it first.
Nope, I've been given the quest with both characters played so far and I hadn't found the Beacon yet in either case. All you have to do is climb up to Meridia's statue. It's worth the trip anyway as there's something very close and right out in the open that is worth visiting and you don't even have to kill anything to get to it.

If you haven't already found the Beacon she instructs you to find it and bring it back. I presume if you've already found it she just skips that part and tells you what to do with it. She doesn't tell you where it is, though. IIRC the Beacon's location is randomized so you could run across it anywhere and even if you are told to go look for it (as I was both times) it won't necessarily be in the same place for one character that it was for another.

I hope it's not in the same place for me this time around, last time it was in the Dwemer ruins that you access from Understone Keep in Markarth, and I had to go in there I don't know how many times for different things, even after I'd cleared it of hostile creatures completely I would suddenly see in my Journal or on the map that I *still* needed to go back there and retrieve or do something else. And I never knew if whether or not all the hostiles were going to magically respawn like "new" bandits taking over a cave or mine that I've already been through.

Anyway I *HATE HATE HATE* those ruins. Actually I find pretty much all Dwemer ruins creepy, the fact that they seem to be crawling with Falmer doesn't help, but in general there's something about them that is worse to me than a barrow full of Draugr.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote