View Single Post
Old 01-27-08, 12:15 AM   #13
i_b_spectre
Engineer

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0

Well, it was a gallant effort, but I'm sorry to report the mod did not provide relief from the ills of 2.0 online. Load times were considerably reduced and we had high hopes, but in the end, the problems peculiar to 2.0 prevailed. The host (ping in the 40s) and I (ping in the 80s) experienced the same issues whereby what he saw onscreen was different than what I was seeing. I pumped a boat load of torpedoes into a Medium Cargo ship and I saw it burning with a huge column of smoke, but the only smoke observed by the host was out of the engine funnel. He saw the hit on the propulsion section and reported seeing the prop stopped, but I saw it as continuing-on albeit at a reduced speed (down to 3 kts), but it would suddenly accelerate back to around 7-9 kts as if major repairs had been made. I wasn't able to "buy" a kill playing GWX 2.0 online.

Conversely, we loaded GWX 1.03 and were again able to play with much better results. My hits were registered on the host's end and I got credit for sinking the ships that appeared to be mortally hit from my perspective.

I have no idea what changes between GWX 2.0 and 1.03 could make such a significant difference, but suffice it to say at this point, 2.0 does not work for us online. Thanks, Maddy, for sharing your file, wish it had worked as well for us as it did for your group.

Last edited by i_b_spectre; 01-27-08 at 12:38 AM.
i_b_spectre is offline   Reply With Quote