Thread: scope
View Single Post
Old 03-22-17, 10:19 PM   #4
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

On this topic, \Data\Menu\Gui\Layout\Periscope_Mask_1024.dds seems to be the main one that is used for both scopes in stock 1.4. The color mask mods change the menu_1024_768.ini to point to a different observation scope (\Menu\Gui\Layout\Obscope.dds). In the \Data\Menu\Gui folder is a file named Bearing.dds which has a single white stripe. Change that color to green and you get green bearing numbers, change it to red and get red bearing numbers in both scopes and the TBT - but only at night. In the daytime the numbers revert to black.

So, does anyone know which file controls the bearing numbers in the daytime? For example if I edit the \Data\Menu\Gui\Layout\TBT_1024.dds for a red tint I get red hashmarks day or night in the TBT, but it doesn't affect the bearing numbers. Edit \Data\Menu\Gui\Bearing.dds to red, I get red numbers and hashmarks at night, black numbers and red hashmarks in the daytime. There has to be a file SOMEWHERE that controls the daytime bearing numbers separately from the night numbers, but where?
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote