Old 06-17-10, 08:49 PM   #4
treblesum81
Frogman

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cy-Fox View Post
There's several factors that I believe could factor into your problem:
  • Fleet Command being a 32-bit program, could have an issue with the way Windows 7 x64 is addressing memory.
  • Windows 95/98 or Windows XP Compatibility Mode might not be engaged
  • Conflict with outdated or even updated graphics drivers. At that, is your graphics card made by Nvidia, ATI or a third party?
  • Are you running at a weird resolution that Fleet Command could have a problem going to 640x480 from? (It can address up to 1024x768)
  • If you have Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate, have you considered running Fleet Command in its special Windows XP virtualization mode?
I've never really had trouble when dealing with 32-bit programs, so I don't think that's the problem here (16-bit is another story though...). I've tried it in every compatibility mode I can think of, though I've never been able to figure out how to get access to the XP visualization mode, so that might produce different results. I'm using the latest ATI drivers, at 1680x1050 resolution, but my video card automatically steps resolution down to that of the game until I adjust it in the game. That being said, I've tried reducing resolution down to 800x600 and even disabled one of my monitors and still get the same problem. Also, once I started running in compatibility modes, I got a message saying that the graphics failed to initialize or something like that, so I'm thinking it may just be my video card, which might mean I'm out of luck.
treblesum81 is offline   Reply With Quote