View Single Post
Old 12-31-18, 08:25 PM   #10
Sorakiba
Swabbie

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

I remember now, why I stopped playing this game in the first place...

My last mission, I sank 12 enemy ships, and downed 4 aircraft... all while patrolling, and moving... only one torpedo missed, and there was 1 dud, that just pinged off of the enemy hull. 14 torpedoes fired, 12 ships sank. Wonderful experience.

This time, I wanted to try being a sneaky little sot, and pulled into an enemy harbor... 4 merchant ships, two cargo freighters, and an enemy destroyer... all just sitting there, "parked" at the docks...

I pulled into the harbor, turned to face the warship first, and came to a complete stop... Then I followed all of the right steps... looked through the parascope, and locked on to the warship, used the book to find the depth of the ship, switched to the torpedo firing controls, adjusted the depth two meters above the bottom of the ship, so that the torpedoes do not skim underneath the ship, and then tried to adjust the speed of the torpedos - the game would not let me adjust the speed no matter what.. ??? okay, what-ever... everything else was fine... I opened fire... torpedo in the water...

I moved on to the target the next ship... repeated the above steps, and opened fire from tube two...

Moved on to the next, then the next, then the next... targeted a total of five different ships... the other two ships were over two kilometers away, so I didn't bother firing at them.

I fired a total 12 torpedoes... at 5 different ships, all parked... sitting, docked at the harbor... Every single shot I fired at them missed. 5 ships, all less than 1 kilometer away, all sitting still, none of them moving... not one was hit.... so I figured I'd try something a little different... I surfaced the submarine, thinking that I'd use my cannon real quick...

I surfaced, and ordered the deck guns be manned - I then ordered them to open fire... nothing happened, and the crew claimed that we have been spotted... time is running out, I need to f

I check the crew page... and click on surface battle... there are men at the deck cannon station, so I click on the cannon station to manually man the station... the reticule doesn't move... when I press space, to fire - it claims that I do not have enough crew to fire the deck cannon... !!! ?!? !!! ...

This is why I stopped playing so long ago... the whole game is buggy, or something.
Sorakiba is offline   Reply With Quote