View Single Post
Old 01-27-09, 01:17 AM   #1
Voyd
Bosun

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0
Steel Fury Dynamic Mission Generator...

Hey all...looks like there is more activity here than at the Lighthouse forums. Anyway, I'm developing a dynamic mission generator for Steel Fury w/ the Steel Panzer mod.

Basically, ALL units are available for placement and all of them are able to be randomly selected by faction and type. I have broken the factions into groups and divisions (multiple divisions per each group). The map and starting zones are static atm, but I am working on a simple zone generation function that will allow for multiple groups to be placed in random locations (within a reasonable distance from each other), and then will look into dynamic map generation.

I just got finished implementing a basic AI script generation function, so I was able to have some interesting skirmishes this evening. If anyone is interested, I'd love to have some input in the development, and maybe some testers in the next week or so. My current goal for the week is to have 2 mission types: Assault and Defend. Right now, I have been working on the assault portion, and it is coming along nicely. Essentially, this game has the most powerful scripting engine that I have seen in any game, so the possibilities of mission generation are almost limitless.

Best,

Voyd