Old 11-02-15, 08:36 PM   #242
ChaosDuck7
Loader

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi CD.

You will always start in the Erprobungstelle flotilla usually in Stralsburg or Kaseburg.
This flotilla is only ever used as a testing flotilla for new boats and not for war patrols or missions.
When docked you should immediately award medals, promotions etc and then use the telephone to transfer to another flotilla.
After transferring exit the game.
When you load the game you will see there are now 2 saves in the menu
After mission> Your docked save.
Before mission > The one you are about to start
This before mission loads to the office where you can select a new boat if one is available, equipment, torpedo load etc and make your changes to your crew,

You do not have to start pre-war in a VIIA but can start in a VIIB and upgrade later to a IXB when it becomes available.
I got my IXB on March 10th 1940.

You should have been able to transfer after your first patrol in the VIIA to a VIIB.
Radio messages will tell you when new boats become available as the game develops.

I would suggest that you look at pages 15,16, and 45 in the PDF mini manual.

When you loaded SH3Commander for the first time (Before doing the SH3 tutorial) where you saw the VIIA did you open the drop down box and see if you also had the option of a VIIB to select?

Peter
Thanks for the reply.

If i try to start a campaign via SH3 Commander, there is NO option for the type 7 for 1940 (the date I want). The earliest type 7 for the training flotilla is in 1941. That doesnt sound right to me.

I tried it your way by starting a career in commander with what was available (the type 2). I did the training flotilla, loaded into the game, docked immedietly. Then I requested a transfer to the 7th flotilla (which should have the type 7). It DID transfer me to the 7th flotilla but it kept me in the type 2 with no way of changing that I could see.

However, if I start a career NOT in Sh3 commander (as in, I launch the game via SH3 commander to get all the fixes it offers), but I start a career in game, I can select the 7th flotilla right away and get put in a type 7. Can I just do this or will it cause problems by skipping the "training flotilla" step?

Thanks!

edit:

Ok so I managed to figure out how to switch to the boat I want. Problem is, there were a lot of steps to do it.
I had to:

A. Start campaign in training flotilla via SH3 Commander
B. Load campaign
C. Launch mission in training flotilla.
D. Dock immedietly
E. Request transfer to 7th flotilla
F. Launch mission again, while still in type 2
G. Dock immedietly
H. Transfer once again to training flotilla and NOW i have the option of upgrading to a type 7. I then get all my sailors and officers, switch once again to 7th flotilla and im finally good to go.

Is it really supposed to be this complex? I just dont see what the purpose of it is. In other supermods you can just select the flotilla without having to waste time with the training flotilla.

Last edited by ChaosDuck7; 11-02-15 at 11:51 PM.
ChaosDuck7 is offline   Reply With Quote