View Single Post
Old 03-22-15, 10:20 AM   #34
Scarredclown
Loader

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by swervn69 View Post
Problem # 2 (more common, but more Mod-specific; I never had this problem for 3 years on the stock SH3 install, but it happened frequently after installing GWX3 Gold and the associated Mods on the download mirror):

I attempt to load a Save Game, where I am in a heated battle in the middle of a large convoy. The Load Game progress bar loads up to 100%, then the screen goes black and displays the "Not So Long Ago..." message. Next, the Command Room starts to display for a split-second, then the game immediately drops out and crashes to the desktop.

I tried for three weeks to resolve this problem, using as many tips and tricks as I could find with google, ubi and subsim forums - no luck.

I refused to accept various explanations, like "you saved underwater", or "you saved within a gazillion kilometers of other ships, land, etc." Why? Because I have one Save Game that loads just fine, just off the coast of Hartlepool, where my XXI is underwater, in the middle of a huge convoy, sitting at the bottom, right next to a C2 that I just sunk, with a Flower Corvette bearing down on me from above. However, all subsequent Save Games fail to load with this CTD problem. If that one can load, then why can't the rest??

I did three things tonight, and my problem is solved! All my subsequent save games in the middle of this battle are now working again.

Solution # 2 (which one of these things fixed this problem?):

a) In Windows Explorer, I opened the C:\GAMES folder
b) I right-clicked on the SH3 game folder and selected "Properties"
c) On the General tab, in the Attributes section, I unchecked the "Read-only" box
d) I clicked on the Advanced button, and I unchecked the Archiving option, and I unchecked the "Index this folder" option
e) I clicked OK / Apply and selected "Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files"
f) I opened the "My Documents" folder and right-clicked/Properties on the SH3 folder there and repeated Steps c, d, and e again
g) I launched JSGME (v2.2.0.120) and I removed the following Mods: "LifeBoats&Debris_v4", "Torpedo damage Final", and "GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects"
h) I launched SH3 again, and my "bad" Save Games loaded successfully!
i) I ran JSGME again and added those Mods back again
j) My "bad" SH3 Save Games still loaded successfully
k) I saved and loaded new Save Games, underwater, in the middle of that heated battle successfully!
That works for me ! thx, that save game crash was ruining the game for me ! Hope it will work in the long run .
Scarredclown is offline   Reply With Quote