View Single Post
Old 10-22-18, 03:28 PM   #7
GOZO
Commander

Downloads: 176
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Gozo, what date are you going out, and from where? What are your mission orders? How far are you getting to travel before the CTD? If you travel in the opposite direction, do you get farther?... I have an install of WDAD on my old computer, and I can look in the files for issues, if you can be a bit more specific.
I have the HMS Ultor U-class sub. January 1944. Starting from Sri Lanka and PZ Thai waters straight east from Sri Lanka. Mission orders "Anti shipping".

It crashes approx after 2/3 of the way to PZ. Reloading again also creates immediate CTD.

Good to hear that it should work. I love the RN Subs. Got inspired by the book "Diving Stations" written by Peter Dornan and is about RN Captain George Hunt who was cmdr of the HMS Ultor.

EDIT:

I saw that I installed Cptn Midningts radio mod........ Could it be that??? TESTED but No.

EDIT 2

To be specific the Crash occurs after saving and leaving the SH4. You get a message saying that SH4 has stopped working. Well that can happen BUT starting it up again and loading the last save you get a CTD halfway into lte loading screen, just as the "Please Wait" comes up........

EDIT 3

By deleting old saves and starting a new career with a T-class sub it all seems to work again. Historically no U-class subs operated in the pacific so it could have been that doing the thing. Can now save, leave for main menue and exit the sim without problems. I can restart and load the save to continue as well.

If I want to play a U-class I use the single mission departing from Malta instead. Pity there is no campaign for the Med theatre allowing you to choose sub, commander etc but maybe I can have missed something???

SHIV:TMo 2.5, RSRD, SCAF OLC, Ralle's modpack
SHIV: WDAD, Med Campaign
SHIII: GWX3 GOLD, OLCII Gold, ACM-reloaded interface mod, SHIIIcmndr 3.2, Full Realism/DiD
SHIII: LSH3 2015
Cold Waters with all bells and whistles
Finally SHV but still unmodded and still a noob....

Last edited by GOZO; 10-23-18 at 09:43 AM.
GOZO is offline   Reply With Quote