View Single Post
Old 03-26-17, 04:18 PM   #848
flugkapitan
Loader

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 0

OK, the installation battle continues...

This afternoon I thought I would give it another shot. However, for some reason the setup.exe on my original non-starforce dvd is not copying over the CAB 11 file again.

Looked on Steam, and SHIII is on sale for only $5.00. I think I'll just buy it there and be done with it.

I have a question about installing LSH 2015 into the Steam version. When I read the tutorial from TheBerbster about installing LSH into the Steam version, there isn't any mention of first launching the game via the SH3.exe file and going through the Naval Academy.

Quote:
Steam Installation Instructions.

1) Install silent hunter 3 via Steam.

2) Find the copy of SH3 inside your steam folder like D: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ Silent Hunter 3.

3) Now paste the entire Silent Hunter 3 folder somewhere on your hard disk like D: \ Games \ Silent Hunter 3

4) Rename your Silent Hunter 3 folder to "SilentHunter3". It is important that the name has no spaces.

5) You should now be able to install LSH 2015. Once you have started the installer the only thing you have to do is finding and selecting your "SilentHunter3" folder.

6) Make sure you activate at least the mods called "_LSH3-2015___FULLVERSION" and "_LSH3-2015___Patch_HSIE-V16B1" with JSGME.EXE

7) Run "HsieOptionsSelector.exe" and select the options you like, then confirm.

8) Run "SH3Cmdr.EXE". Select what you like and click on the check mark box in the bottom right corner of the program to start the game!
Is the Naval Academy no longer necessary when adding LSH to the Steam version?

Just want to make sure that I'm doing this correctly.

Thanks,
Scott
flugkapitan is offline   Reply With Quote