Old 04-13-18, 07:56 AM   #7
somedude88
Torpedoman

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by p7p8 View Post
Ok i have few questions

1) How to saving a scientist will affect the World War III?
2) What happen when player fail rescue mission?
3) Launching SEALs always destroy target - what is your idea to preventing this?
4) Why you wanna make this mission as part of campaign?
5) How is possible to find midget submarine with scientist (NK have it dozens or more)?
1: Mission isn't really about WWIII, saving him would at the very least, delay the development of ICBMs (mission is set in 2006, after the failed rocket test of the taepodong-2). There are true stories of NK agents kidnapping people from Japan and shipping them to the peninsula so I thought I'd weave that into their narrative of needing help developing their ICBMs.
2. I'm not aware of any option other than restarting the mission.
3. I'm not sure about this. If I can't get the SEALs to not blow up the ship/sub, I would have to suggest in the briefing that the SEALs are ordered to blow up the ship/sub and return to Japan by their own transport. (make it look like an accident where the boat exploded and took the life of the Japanese scientist so that NK would think that he was dead?)
4. The first series of missions is a narrative and difficulty lead up to increasingly hostile and desperate moves by NK that triggers a war between themselves and US-Japan-S.Korea
5. It would be the only midget submarine in the area. Its a clandestine op by N.Korea. I don't see why they would send multiple Midget subs into the AO. Even if it's to confuse you, they would be easier to find in the first place as a group. (You would have air assets and other ships in the area helping you track down the scientist. it is a matter of international importance after all.)
somedude88 is offline   Reply With Quote