View Single Post
Old 05-17-12, 05:26 PM   #12
kapitan_zur_see
Commodore

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
as we can see in the SHO video the developers were able to add those fish into the water
All that you see in the trailer is 100% pre-rendered CGI, no ingame actual footage of any sort, as can be obviously seen for who's a bit used with CGI and 3d modding. Camera movement and a bunch of different things reveals it.

At best, it is some of SH5 rendering engine that is used (and it looks like it), but given the cinematic motion of camera, it's modified and thus, not taken from the game per se. So there's not the same constraints and limitations that modders have to deal with. And there's some compositing in the video too.

For sure though, it's certainly not what the game is going to look like, I can tell you that! A little educating comparison :

Trailer CGI vs. provided in-game screenshot

OUCH! that hurts a hell lot! the engine to come has SH3 capabilities it seems, at the very best. Talk about the future...

Anyway, I myself thought and experimented a bit with trying to make swarms of fishes for SH5 not so long ago. Even so as to experiment with anipmated sprite based particule generators to try and mimick it, without satisfactory renditions. I know there are ways to circumvent limitations in order to implement such a thing. However, I couldn't do much as I quickly found out that I obviously had to wait for TDW's tool for importing stuffs and modifying granny files to be finished, as we are now too much limited in modding with current tools. In other words, could be possible but not at present, thus tailored to the release of TDW's stuff

kapitan_zur_see is offline   Reply With Quote